Saturday, December 12, 2009

New Car!!!





Hi everyone, I thought I'd share with you my amazing new car! It's an 1999 Audi A6 station wagon -- called an "estate" here in jolly ol' England. I love it! The door opens almost to 90 degrees and it's much easier for me to get in and out of!



And, as my parents have been here since Thursday afternoon, they've been able to just roll my chair into the back "boot."



I'm also just about set on a new home. We are deciding between two bungalows. I have a favorite that is just 7 miles from work (and very close to the cottages I had originally wanted to stay at...). I'm waiting for the "door guy" to let me know he can refit all the exterior doors (here their patio doors have a 3 inch "up and over" threshold...). The agent and owner have agreed to do whatever it takes to make the place accessible, which is fabulous! The contract will state that I pay for any changes up front and, if I'm there for more than 18 months, they'll repay that money. I think that is incredibly fair! So, I'll hear back on Monday about these changes. Please pray for a good outcome! I've already found a good pub, fish and chips place, and an Tandoori (Indian) Balti house there!!!

If that one doesn't work out, there is another great bungalow about 7 miles from the one I'm hoping to get. I'll take pics and let you know which I'm getting as soon as I know!

5 comments:

  1. I'm SOOOOO happy you have a blog, friend!!!!! I'll be a faithful reader!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris: Good to read the details. I must admit having a tear again as I read where Luke lost it for all of us. I miss you. Praying for you.

    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Car! Can I have a ride? Did you get read in yet? I expect once you start work you will need an adustment period to get used to working hours. That may limit your ability to keep us updated over here across the pond. I look forward to seeing pictures of your new home. I hope you get the bungalow of your choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh Christie how exciting!!! I'm so happy things are coming along smoothly for you! Miss oyu!

    ReplyDelete